and 700 miles from home

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Best Way To Get Something Done Is To Begin

Another semester on the brink of being over. Another finals week leaving me stressed, sleepless, time consumed and brain dead. It's that time when I spend more of my day in a 3x3 cubicle in the library than I do in my own apartment. 



Well, at least my tuition money goes toward a fantastic view from the library


With finals week, comes procrastination. This is an art that I have so gracefully inherited this ability from my father (thanks a lot) and with that I turn the time I should be learning transmission models and surveillance of infectious disease epidemiology into cleaning, organizing, and obsessing. 


Currently clean, my kitchen: 



Note the Keurig hard at work. 


Currently organizing, my binders (including proper labeling):



Currently obsessing, my possibly positive TB PPD test I got yesterday:


Now in order to stop procrastinating, I just keep thinking that in less than 48 hours I will officially be done with my first year of graduate school and taking a much needed 'vacation' to good old Ohio!! 


More to come on my new JOB and INTERNSHIP I will be diving into this summer; however for now it's to learn infectious disease epidemiology for tomorrow's test!